Best Flooring Types For Remodeling A Home Or Business
Are you wondering about the best flooring types for remodeling a home or business? This post will explain everything you need to know.
When you are preparing to remodel your home, you may be wondering what the best flooring types for remodeling a home or business are. If you do not know the best flooring types, then you may not be able to remodel your home as well as you would like to do. By doing your research, though, you can choose the best type of flooring to remodel your home or business.
If you are ready to get started on finding the best flooring type for your home or business, grab your hammer and buying guide, and let’s get started!
What’s The Best Flooring For Remodeling Projects And Renovations?
The best type of flooring for remodeling projects and renovations is dependent entirely on your budget and your needs. It also depends on what type of flooring that you personally want when it comes to your remodel or renovations. Each person has their own type of flooring that they prefer, and thus the best flooring will forever be an opinionated subject.
PRO TIP: Read our comprehensive guide on how to find the best flooring company for real estate investors!
Tips On How To Choose The Best Flooring
To help make your flooring choices easier, here are four tips that will help you choose the best flooring types for remodeling projects and renovations. Feel free to use this guide to help you find the best flooring for your flip as well! Both go hand in hand, and we know it will help you big time!
Tip 1: Assess The Project
When you are preparing to choose your flooring for your remodeling project, it is important that you assess the project. Assessing the project will be done in several steps, and each one is just as important as the last. You should not ignore any portion of the assessment when it comes to your project. Otherwise, you will have a hard time down the road.
The first thing that you should assess is what type of building are you trying to remodel? Is it a business, or is it a home? If you are remodeling a business, the type of flooring that you get will be different versus the type of flooring that you would purchase if you were looking to remodel a home or a different kind of building.
The next thing that you should assess for your project is what type of flooring do you need in the first place. If you are remodeling a floor that will be in a very high traffic area, you will need a different type of carpet if you are just remodeling the floor of an unused closet. Figure out the area you are remodeling, and then the best floor type for that section of your building.
Tip 2: Consider Your Budget
The next thing that you need to consider when you are choosing the best flooring type for your remodel is what your budget is? Certain flooring types will cost you a lot of money, and sometimes that is what you want, but if you do not have a lot of money for your flooring project, you will want to keep your budget in mind.
Sometimes your budget will be one of the biggest things that you consider when figuring out your flooring for your renovation project, and other times it will not even be something that you consider. Regardless of this, you should still be keeping your budget in mind when you are choosing the best flooring type for your renovation project.
Tip 3: Are You Connected To Contractors That Can Help?
Another great thing to keep in mind when you are looking for the best flooring types when remodeling your home is whether you are already in contact with contractors that could potentially help you out. Before reaching out to new contractors, take a little time to check to see if any old contractors of yours might be able to help you with your new project.
Using old contractors that you have already worked with tends to be better than working with new contractors because you already have a relationship built with those old contractors. Only choose to work with new contractors if they offer something that your old contractor does not offer or you think you can get a better deal going with a new contractor.
Tip 4: What’s The Industry Standard?
The final tip that you should keep in mind when choosing the best flooring type for your remodel project, is what is the industry standard. If you do not go with flooring that is standard for what you are looking at, you may find yourself running into some problems. Always take the time to do your research on the flooring types that are considered an industry standard for your needs.
Favorite Types Of Flooring For Remodeling And Renovation
If you are still unsure of the types of flooring that might be best for you, here are some of our personal favorites when it comes to flooring for remodeling and renovation projects.
- You will find that vinyl flooring is extremely easy to install. It takes minimum effort and rarely takes a very long period of time to install. This is also one of the most common types of flooring to install on your own.
- Vinyl flooring tends to be very affordable.
- Vinyl flooring tends to be very beautiful and unique as you can get it in any type of design that you so choose.
- Even though vinyl flooring can be easy to install, it also tends to be extremely difficult to remove vinyl flooring once it has been installed. If you plan on remodeling the floor again shortly, you should not go with vinyl flooring.
- While vinyl is usually inexpensive, you can also be hardpressed to find a consistent quality level.
- Older vinyl floors may contain asbestos which can be dangerous to a person’s health.
Best Used For:
- Some business rooms
- Laminate flooring tends to be easy to install in your home or business on your own, meaning you do not always need to hire a company to help you out.
- It tends to be a fairly inexpensive type of flooring.
- Laminate flooring is non-allergenic.
- Best of all, it is one of the most stain-resistant flooring types in existence.
- Laminate flooring can be easily damaged by moisture or water leaks.
- It tends to have a fake appearance, which you can easily tell when looking at it.
- You may find that it is hard and loud when you walk on it.
- There also tends to be some chemicals in the flooring as well.
Best Used For:
- Hardwood flooring tends to be easy to take care of.
- You get a good type of flooring for a good price, making hardwood flooring a budget-friendly flooring.
- You can find a large variety of hardwood flooring types.
- Hardwood flooring can also be a much more expensive type of flooring compared to others.
- It is a type of flooring that can require refurbishing more often than other types of flooring.
- Hardwood flooring can sometimes be noisy, though this tends not to be a huge issue when it comes to flooring.
Best Used For:
- Most types of businesses
- Tile flooring requires very little maintenance making it a good type of flooring in areas that see a lot of usage.
- It is stain-resistant.
- It is also water-resistant, making it good for bathrooms.
- Tile flooring is cold and tends to be hard on the feet to walk on. If you live in a cold climate, then tile flooring is not going to be the way that you want to go for your flooring needs.
- Tile floor does not muffle sounds, making it very noisy to walk on.
Best Used For:
- Some businesses but should not be used in office-type buildings
- Carpet flooring keeps heat better during the cold season.
- It is one of the most comfortable types of flooring that exist out there.
- Carpet flooring is also a very safe type of flooring. It helps keep people safe if they happen to fall down.
- Carpet helps to muffle noises, making it a very quiet type of flooring.
- Carpet flooring can take a lot of maintenance.
- This type of flooring can get a lot of allergens stuck inside of it, which makes it a bad type to get if you have a lot of allergies.
- Carpet flooring does not have very long longevity, so if you want long-lasting flooring, do not go with carpet flooring.
Best Used For:
- Living rooms
- It tends to suffer less from moisture problems which makes it better than hardwood flooring.
- It adds an extra layer of stability to your floor.
- Engineered wood flooring is low maintenance because it is made resistant to warps and swelling.
- It tends to be a lot more expensive in comparison to most flooring types.
- Engineered wood is not always made with quality wood, meaning it may fall apart sooner than you expected.
Best Used For:
- Most businesses
- Dining rooms
The Bottom Line
It can take a lot of work to find the best flooring type to remodel your home or business, but if you take your time doing the research, it can be a very easy task. You now know how to find the best flooring types for remodeling a home or business.