Introduction To Vinyl Plank Flooring
If you’re wondering, what is vinyl plank flooring, you’re not alone in your curiosity. Vinyl plank flooring is a popular material used for both commercial and residential flooring. And this post will explain everything you want to know!
It is time to remodel your home. If only you could decide what type of flooring you want. With so many choices, you may not know where to begin. Do you choose hardwood, vinyl planks, bamboo, carpet? The list of options almost sounds endless.
This article will concentrate on one of the best selling floor types in today’s market, vinyl plank flooring. There is a reason it is popular and trusted by many. Let’s have a conversation on vinyl plank flooring and discover why this may be the best choice for you.
PRO TIP: Read this article on tips for choosing the right flooring before you start! We are sure you’ll love it!
How Vinyl Plank Flooring is Made
Several chemical mixes go into vinyl plank flooring that we will not bore you with. What is interesting about vinyl plank flooring is the different layers that are created during the process.
- Backing Layer: The backing layer is the side that touches the floor. It is water-resistant and prevents moisture buildup.
- Core Layer: This is the main layer of vinyl plank flooring. It is waterproof and is the flexible backbone of the four layers.
- Decorative Layer: Just as it sounds, this layer gives you the beauty of design that presents itself in your home. Numerous patterns and colors can be created to bring out an attractive floor for your home.
- Wear Resistant Layer: Finally, there is a wear-resistant layer to protect the flooring underfoot traffic in your home.
Benefits of Vinyl Plank Flooring
There are several benefits of vinyl plank flooring over other flooring types. Here are a few reasons to choose vinyl planks.
1. Ease of Installation: There was a time when vinyl flooring only came in giant unruly sheets that an installer needed the practice to install properly. In today’s modern flooring world, vinyl planks are manufactured for easy installation. Most are created to snap together with a locking system that any DIY installer can handle.
2. Price: Compared to real hardwood, bamboo, or even tile floors, vinyl plank flooring can be much less expensive. This allows the home or business owner the luxury of remodeling more floor space at a time compared with more expensive flooring. The printing of wood grain onto the vinyl layers can be almost identical to real wood visually. So for far less money, you will be able to have flooring just as attractive as the more expensive wood.
3. Water Proof: The engineering of the layered vinyl creates a product that is waterproof. Unlike floors made from wood or other products, this is of great benefit to avoid water damage to your home.
4. Resiliency: Vinyl plank flooring has one of the longest-lasting products on the market. Vinyl holds up well under high foot traffic and provides years of durability.
Where to Use Vinyl Plank Flooring
Due to vinyl plank flooring’s resiliency and waterproofing attributes, this type of material is good to be used in high traffic areas and where water is not an issue. Kitchens and bathrooms are good choices for vinyl planks, while some laminates with a cork backing and manufactured wood materials are not. Basements are another proper place for this type of flooring.
Does that mean you can only use vinyl plank flooring in these areas? Of course not. With beautiful designs that are as visually pleasing as any other flooring type, you can use vinyl plank flooring in any area of your home or business.
Who Should Purchase Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Knowing that you can use vinyl plank flooring anywhere in your home or business opens up many possibilities on who should purchase it. Let’s take a look and see who is a good fit to use this type of flooring.
- Those who have large areas to cover and want to save money over more expensive flooring options.
- People with kids and pets who are in and out of the home often. Knowing that your new floors will hold up over time to abuse of foot traffic is a plus for those not looking to replace flooring often.
- Anyone who wants a clean wood look without having to purchase real wood products.
- Those who own rental homes are a good choice to purchase vinyl plank flooring. Again you will gain more bang for your buck and still impress your tenants with attractive floors. Flooring, such as carpeting, gets stained easily and needs to be changed often between tenants. By using vinyl planks, your floors can last during the stay of many tenants.
Vinyl plank flooring has become one of the most popular flooring types, and for a good reason. Long-lasting and waterproof, it stands up to the most demanding family, and business foot traffics. Easily installed and with a price that can be much less than other floors, vinyl planks are a good choice for many. Not only is this a good decision for price and quality, but aesthetically vinyl plank flooring has become attractive enough to be considered luxury type flooring for your home or business.
Flooring Pros of Augusta Georgia sells vinyl plank flooring. So if you’re in the area, stop by our location here and ask us about one of our favorite products. We hope this post has helped you to better understand what is vinyl plank flooring and wish you luck with your project!