5 Surprising Hacks For Spotless Tile Floors
Do you want to know 5 surprising hacks for cleaning tile floors? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Cleaning floor tiles can be a difficult and time-consuming process. Nobody wants to spend all day scrubbing floors. But if you’re interested in spending less time and energy cleaning your tiles, read on to learn some amazing hacks.
Grimy Bathroom Floor Tiles? Use your shower to clean it up!
Dirt can seem to get everywhere. And if there’s one place in your house you don’t want dirty. It’s your bathroom. Fortunately, if you have a shower, you can make the process of cleaning up your floor tiles much faster and easier.
Before you start cleaning, run your shower on the highest temperature for about 10 minutes. The room will fog up, but more importantly, the steam will loosen any stubborn dirt that’s gotten stuck. This method works a lot faster and is much more convenient than running a steam cleaner over your entire floor.
You can prep the area with your tile cleaning product of choice and watch the grime and dirt just wash away. This is an easy hack just about anyone can use and implement into their tile cleaning regimen.
PRO TIP: Read this great article on which flooring type lasts the longest. We’re pretty sure tile flooring is somewhere on the list!
Avoid major problems and clean regularly instead!
Most people would agree that the less time spent cleaning the better. However, this mindset can lead to some serious problems in the long run.
It’s actually easier in the long run to tidy up regularly than to let small messes turn into big ones. And saving yourself time (and money) is a great goal for long-term care of tile flooring.
Clean regularly while following these tips to make the process painless.
- The easiest time to clean spills is right after they happen. Use a 1:4 mix of mild detergent and warm water to keep stains from forming. Any rag will do, but an absorbent cloth works best.
- Don’t forget to mop at least once a week with warm water to keep your floors clean. Doing so will keep your tile floors clean and prevent a buildup of bacteria. For extra cleanliness, use a microfiber mop, as they’re better for picking up than regular ones.
Spot clean quickly with this amazing DIY tile floor cleaner.
Sometimes, you need something a little stronger to clean your tile floor. And while it’s easy to go buy a bottle of floor cleaner, the chemicals they contain can smell terrible, and may be bad for your health! Instead, make your own tile floor cleaner at home by following these instructions.
DISCLAIMER: Do not use this recipe if you have natural stone tiles, as the white vinegar will damage them.
- White Vinegar
- Soft Bristle Brush or Mop
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Mix 1 gallon of warm water with ¼ cup of white vinegar in the bucket.
- Dip your brush/mop into the bucket .
- Start cleaning.
You’ll notice that even the dirtiest stains will come off with ease. Some of you might despise the smell of vinegar, and if that’s the case, you can add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture. Doing so isn’t necessary, but it’ll leave your floor with a nice citrus smell.
Dirty and disgusting grout? Clean it with another amazing DIY recipe!
It’s very common for dirt and grime to get trapped inside your grout lines, but nowhere near as easy to get it out. Clean it up fast by making your own grout cleaner.
- Rubber gloves
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide Spray
- Start by putting on your gloves. You’ll want to avoid direct contact with some of these chemicals to avoid damaging your skin.
- Lightly sprinkle some baking soda onto the grout you want to clean.
- Spray the Hydrogen Peroxide directly on the baking soda.
- Wait about 15 minutes for the chemicals to mix with the grout.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub the grout.
- Rinse the grout with warm water.
The scrubbing might take some effort, but the results you’ll see will be well worth it.
Keep your grout clean with grout sealant
Once you’ve finished cleaning your tile floors, you’ll want to keep it that way. By using grout sealant, you can keep your grout lines both hygienic and clean.
Using grout sealer has numerous benefits.
- Protects your grout from damage
- Keeps out moisture and germs
- Makes it harder for dirt to become trapped inside.
Most manufacturers recommend that you use grout sealer at least once per year to help maintain your floor tiles.
Keeping tile flooring well maintained is very important to maintain the beauty of your home. In addition, if you do not, you will need to replace tile flooring and hire a flooring installer to deal with badly damaged and contaminated tiles that are beyond cleaning.
Companies such as Flooring Pros in Augusta, GA are excellent. They sell a variety of flooring and provide installation services as well. You can take a look at their business on Google here to see how well regarded they are in the CSRA area.
Upkeep for tile floors is tiring work, but it doesn’t have to be. By using these 5 surprising hacks for cleaning tile floors, you too can make your home life much less difficult.